250-300g of butternut squash (one fourth of butternut squash)
1 tablespoon of oil
1-2 cloves of garlic
2 dl oatcream (might include gluten)
2 tablespoons of brewer's yeast flake
½ teaspoon of Dijon-mustard
almost 1 teaspoon of salt
pinch of nutmeg
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
Couple handfuls of cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1. Put oven to 200 degrees.
2. Peel and dice butternut squash with sharp knife. Remove seeds if necessary. Steam (or boil) butternut squash dices in a pot for about 15 mintues until they are soft.
3. Split the cherrytomatoes in half and put on a baking sheet split side up. Sprinkle oil on top and season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and thyme. Bake them in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes.
4. Cook the pasta according to package's instructions. When the pasta is done, pour into sieve and rinse with cool water. Pour pasta back to pot and set aside to wait.
5. Warm up a drop of oil in a pan and fry crushed garlic for couple of minutes.
6. Gather ripe squash, fried garlic and other cheesesauce's ingredients into a blender. Blend into a fine, creamy sauce. Finally check the taste and add salt if needed.
7. Pour the pasta into a pan you just used. Mix the cheesesauce with pasta. Warm mac n' cheese with mild heat about five minutes.
8. Serve mac n' cheese from bowls with oven tomatoes. You can grate your favorite vegancheese on top if you want. We happened to have Violife's parmesan in the fridge, and it fit into this very well.